Physical therapy focuses on identifying and maximizing your child’s quality of life through developing their large motor skill coordination and increasing their range of motion.
With physical therapy from SHBH, children build strength and improve motor function, balance and coordination in fun, creative ways. In fact, most of the work we do is based in play, an activity we consider to be the most positive way to get children motivated and involved! Using toys and games as a part of therapy are important for your child’s therapy and allow us to create environments that will help your child thrive.
Your child will work with an experienced and licensed SHBH Physical Therapist on fun exercises and activities in order to:
- Gain more freedom of movement
- Learn skills to aid walking and gait
- Improve muscular strength and coordination
- Increase flexibility, agility and balance
- Incorporate assistive devices (walker, crutches, wheel chairs)
- Manage pain
- Reduce stiffness
Additional services include:
- Weight Management programs
- Therapy for diagnosis such as: torticollis, toe-walking, gross motor delay and hypotonia.
- Orthopedic program